A tasty combination of spring vegetables and any other veg will do!
Green cabbage, Carrot, spring onions, asparagus tips, fennel head and kohlrabi
1) Prepare all the veg before starting to cook: clean and slice the spring onion into ½” lengths, shred the cabbage crossways, grate the carrot, remove the longest stems from fennel and slice crossways into thin discs, cut the peeled kohlrabi into matchsticks, and cut the asparagus spears into 1” lengths, discarding the woody bases ( you can use these in a vegetable stock)
2) Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
Ready to cook!
3) Heat the sesame (olive) oil in the wok.
4) Cook the onion bases, fennel and kohlrabi sticks. Cover the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the kohlrabi is softening.
5) Add the cabbage leaves, the asparagus pieces chopped spring onion leaves and the carrot. Stir regularly. Cover and cook for a further 3 minutes.
6) When the kohlrabi and fennel are cooked (these are the slowest), mix in the sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
7) Serve immediately with noodles or rice.
A little extra water, if the peanut butter is thick